POSITION: Administrative/Training Assistant
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Position Status: Permanent Part-time
Pay Method: Hourly $18-$20
Normal Work Week: Minimum 20 hours per week to start.
Overtime Status: Per Employment Standards Act.
PURPOSE and SCOPE:
The Administrative/Training Assistant will participate in the training of clients, one-to-one and in a group setting, and perform office duties as required. This position contributes to the overall success of service provision as defined by our major funding partners and the Board of Directors.
To perform other duties as become necessary to provide effective service.
- Participate in all aspects of learner relationships from initial contact of potential learners with Council to delivering tutoring.
- Ensure confidentiality of learner and tutor volunteer files.
- Ensure adherence to the LCSS Board policies and procedures.
- Participate in networking with other literacy organizations, locally, regionally and provincially to share information on new developments within the field. Participate in the local Literacy Service Providers (LSP) meetings, CABS meetings, or other professional development opportunities, with or in the absence of the Executive Director or Manager of Training & Development.
- Provide administrative support to the management team as directed.
- Assist with all aspects of group program delivery including research, recommendations to develop new group program offerings, facilitation of same and trend analysis of potential learner population to ensure these are timely and appropriate.
- Complete Tutor Certification. Provide instruction both on a one-to-one and small group basis in all aspects of program offerings, including English reading and writing, Mathematics, Computer Basics and Life Skills.
EOIS CaMS Assist with:
- Ensuring completion of registration forms.
- Entering appropriate students into CaMS.
- Updating files as needed.
- Administering Milestones and Culminating Tasks as appropriate.
- Completing exits and follow-ups as needed.
- Confirming accuracy of CaMS data entered by others.
- Operates under the direction of the Executive Director.
Board of Directors & Committee Support
- Provide staff support to the Executive Committee, Board of Directors, and Committee Chairs as required.
- Participate in the Report of LCSS monthly training activities and any matters affecting LCSS program delivery.
- Attend Meetings of the Board and Committee meetings as requested.
Public and Media Relations
- Enhance the public profile of LCSS in accordance with LCSS 2.08 Public and Media Relations.
- Maintain Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media with relevant postings and grow online presence.
- Participate in maintaining and updating LCSS website.
- Interact effectively in a pleasant, professional manner with public, learners, volunteers, staff, and other organizations and agencies.
- Provide Information and Referral of services in person and via telephone at the LCSS offices.
- Initiate and participate in promotional and outreach activities within the community to ensure Program Offerings of LCSS are well known.
- Establish and maintain appropriate relationships with LCSS tutors, Board Members, affiliate Employment Ontario service providers, other literacy organizations and community partners.
- Assist with the co-ordination of promotional events such as the AGM, Family Literacy Day, Spelling Bees, Alliston Potato Festival, etc.
- Receive and respond to the public’s suggestions, problems, and complaints according to policy.
- Participate in Fundraising projects and events under the direction of the ED.
- Health and Safety: To take all reasonable care to ensure every precaution reasonable in the circumstances for worker protection is taken in compliance with LCSS H&S 5.01 Health & Safety Duties and Responsibilities.